The town’s sole catholic secondary school, the Binangonan Catholic High School (BCHS) commenced operation on July 1, 1947. It was the realization of a dream of Rev. Fr. Martin Strong of the Missionary Society of St. Columban, parish priest of Binangonan after World War II, who observed that the parishioners schooling ended in the elementary level as there was no high school in the town.
With the money he received from his parents, relatives and friends in New Zealand, Fr. Strong started the BCHS, with the 300-year old church convent serving as the first school building. St. Ursula, the parish patron saint became the school’s patron saint too. Students numbered two hundred, more or less, and were offered only first and and second year level courses. The third and fourth year subjects were added to the curriculum the following school year.
Government recognition effective July 1, 1949 was granted to Binangonan Catholic High School. The Certificate of Recognition was given on October 24, 1949, the same year the school held its first commencement exercises turning out 6 graduates.
The school experienced notable progress under the Columban priests Rev. Fr. Kieran White, Rev. Fr. Victor Gaboury and Miss Herminia C. Mañez who served as school principal for 45 years. Diocesan priests took over in 1973. Rev. Msgr. Arsenio Bautista was the first Filipino priest to become school director.
In 1984, under the school director Rev. Msgr. Mariano T. Balbago, Jr., Sta. Ursula Parish School, an elementary school, commenced operation. He saw that Catholic education should start at the early age hence its conception. The Catholic Women’s League (CWL) of Binangonan and Miss Luz B. Flora helped him put up the school. Miss Flora consequently became its first principal.
In 1998, aware of the rapid changes, with the students’ intellectual and personal growth in mind and in preparation for the future ahead, through the initiative of the school director Rev. Fr. Rosalio C. Olaybal and the principal, Mrs. Imelda A. Miguel, BCHS decided to offer college courses. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) granted approval for the school to operate as a college in 1999. Binangonan Catholic High School was renamed Binangonan Catholic College.
Courses initially offered were One-Year Diploma Program in Computer Applications, Associate in Computer Applications and Associate in Computer Technology.
Binangonan Catholic College took on Sta. Ursula Parish School in 2006 becoming officially the institution’s elementary department.
In 2016, BCC opened its door to the first batch of senior high school students (Grade 11) in compliance with the Department of Education K to 12 Curriculum. Due to the increasing population of the school, an annex building was constructed in M. H. del Pilar St., Libis, Binangonan, Rizal the following year.
On November 15, 2017, through the initiative of the school Executive Vice President Rev. Fr. Glenn William Z. Relucio, a groundbreaking ceremony was held in Janosa, Binangonan, Rizal for the school’s Senior High School Talim Campus.
At present, Binangonan Catholic College offers complete basic education – preschool, elementary, junior high school and senior high school,(Libis and Talim Campuses),TESDA courses and the following seven college courses duly recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED):